2005-07-17

Arrrrgghhh! I'm a pirate!

I'm a pirate. I really am. And I don't mean a software/movie/music pirate, everybody does that. I mean I'm an actual pirate, with boats and the proper lingo, and sometimes even the lack of bathing! Here's how this came to be.

Tom, Tommy, Tommy's friend, Ryan and I went wakeboarding today on Utah Lake, and there were a good number of other boaters there chopping up the water. I told Tom that we should bring my rifle and shoot at them to get them to leave. If we did that, then we'd be real pirates. But none of us really liked the idea of going to jail, so that idea was nixed. Then Tom said we could chop up the water like they are doing to us, and we could do it very well. And although nobody dies when we do this, it's still very annoying, and very pirate-esque.

And boy did we chop up that lake. Tommy and his friend went tubing, and I turned that lake into the definition of chop! Arrrggghhh!

2 comments:

Regirlfriend said...

Yes, Matey. The UL is choppy at best. My dream is to live on lakefront property somewhere few others know about, and also be a morning person so that it woudln't be difficult for me to get out there before everyone else ruins it. I commend you for your efforts in making the water there as crappy as possible to get others to leave. I only wish I could be more help!

Adam said...

We were kinda like morning people. We got there at the inhuman hour of 10 am! The scary thing is, some people were already leaving by the time we got there. Maybe they were being punished or something.