2008-01-04

Iowa was funny!

Obama beat Hillary, Hahahahahaaaa! She couldn't even win the female voters, and that was supposed to be her core. Of course Iowa is just one state, but the political types seem to think it's a big deal, so I guess it is. They say New Hampshire could really solidify Obama as the lead Democrat, and I'd love that.

Tonight, as I read about his victory, I realized time that if he wins the Democratic nomination, for the first time in over 15 years, I won't be upset if a Democrat takes the office. This doesn't mean I'm voting for Obama, I'm still undecided and it will depend on the Republican candidate. But for once I won't be voting in an attempt to keep someone else OUT of office. It will be nice for a change.

However, if Hillary gets the nomination, I will definitely be voting Republican. I honestly don't think my vote will make a difference, but I'll be damned if I'm going to do nothing about it.

If you think about that last statement, it would really be wise for the Democrats to pick Obama as their choice. Republicans who are on the fence, may vote for him. But Democrats who would be on the fence with regard to Hillary would probably not be on the fence if Obama were a choice. I could see the sway go to the left, but not to the right.

1 comment:

Regirlfriend said...

I've never been on this kind of political overload. Political commentary, debate, caucus results, primary results and news blares from our TV around the clock (don't think it's on round the clock? Think again, and then add Tivo capabilities to that). I worked the phones for UtahforObama from the registers of the Utah Democratic Party, gauging the general Utah attitude. Oh yeah, and there's an Obama staffer living in my house. So I don't know much, but I know people who do. I know your attitude reflects the general one I've encountered lately. You are not alone. In general the concensus is that if Hillary gets the Democratic nomination, McCain will be our next President. Not too shabby. No Obama, but it could be much worse. Man, people hate that woman.