2009-09-13

Audiobooks

Ok, these people need to get over themselves. How is it that they still charge anywhere from $30-50 for a single audiobook? And there is no discount when we buy it digitally? In that scenario, it's only costing them the storage and throughput costs, which is divided amongst all purchasers!

The cost of downloaded audiobooks should be closer to what a retail music CD costs ($10-15). And a retail CD-audiobook should cost no more than a deluxe edition DVD costs ($20-$25). How can we make this happen?

4 comments:

Lisa and company said...

three posts in a week?!?!?
And I totally agree- audio books are a rip off- I wonder how much they pay the readers??
If you want to hear the BEST audio performance of a book series EVER listen to the Inheritance cycle (Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, and a fourth book not yet released). The reader is BEYOND fantastic!

Lisa and company said...

oh and I check out all my audio books from the library

Marianne & Clayton said...

Guns? This is also a problem I've been annoyed about for ages. Isn't it discriminatory towards blind people? No?
I'm with Lisa on the library. Take it home, rip it and listen to it at your leisure, then delete it. Or you know, ahem. If I like it, then I buy the book and feel good about it.

Adam said...

What?! They still make libraries? With tomes containing ink on papyrus?

But seriously, I knew they loaned out music and sometimes movies. I didn't think they had audiobooks too. Doesn't the RIAA flip out over this?