2010-03-30

Permanent Waves

Work had me seriously depressed today. About 20 times more than normal. I can usually shake it off about 5 steps out of the door, but today was different.

So I resorted to my best and oldest trick, I put Rush on the iPod and everything was better again. Today was the 1980 classic "Permanent Waves". I don't know which song changed my mood, probably because I was too distracted. But it was track 4, Entre Nous, where I took note of how completely my mood had changed.

This is why Rush is, and will probably always be, my favorite band.

3 comments:

Adam said...

Oh, and Neil's drumming. That's another reason.

Oh, and Neil's writing. That's another reason.

Marianne & Clayton said...

They are still the world's most underrated band. How come people don't love them more?

moabgirl said...

I need one of those...favorite bands, not depressing work days. Hope your night gets better! Love ya!