2005-11-09

More iPod stuff

The case that ships with the video iPod is just a basic slip-case, good for protection, but lousy for real life use. I found that iPod Accessories has probably the best selection for 5G iPods right now. Everything iPod comes in second on my list. And the Apple store is harldy worth looking at right now. Their 5G product page is weak.

I already miss the Contour hard shell case that I have for my 60Gig iPod photo. It fits perfectly in the ashtray of my car and doesn't slide around or get in the way of driving.

4 comments:

j said...

I have really liked my
iPak
(now called iSnug) from Handstands. It makes me feel much more secure about carrying my iPod around in my backpack. It comes with two different sized foam inserts, one for the iPod and one for an iPod mini. Not sure if the iPod one is fitted for the new 5G, but if not, I'm sure you could work it out with a little bit of work with an exacto knife. Also comes with a matching case that can hold the power cube and an iTrip along with a few cables.

Adam said...

That looks like the perfect travel case. I might get one of those until the market floods with 5G cases. I'm sure it will work as the only real size difference is the depth.

You want to know what's messed up though? The 5G doesn't have the little extra data plug/tab next to the headphone jack! So I can't use my headphone extension/remote control! That would also make the iTrip invalid, but the FM transmitter that I bought is just a generic one designed for any headphone jack.

I wonder why Apple removed that little tab?

j said...

Yeah, I'm sure a lot of people are pissed about that. As for me, I'm perfectly happy with my one-year, two generation old iPod 4G B&W. For me its about taking all my music with me and it totally gets that done. I just hope that it lasts for a long time, and I'm not having to replace the battery anytime soon.

Adam said...

I helped my nephew replace the battery on his 3G, it was much easier than I expected. About the only danger is in scratching the case as you take it apart.