2008-09-09

My mother is the Kwisatz Haderach

Link, for anyone not familiar with Dune.

A brief layman's explanation is that the Kwisatz Haderach was able to see any place, any time. It meant they knew more than anyone else could know. This is the way in which I use it.

I honestly believe that mothers are given by God a special stewardship over their children, and are given insight into when to reach out to them.

This week was bad for me. I had setup a bill to be paid directly from my bank account, and then forgot that it would go through. This left me very low on money, like $20 to last me two weeks. But my mom called me from the grocery store and asked if there was anything that I needed. I said "no, I'm ok", but she kept offering, like she knew I needed something.

She doesn't do this often, and every time that she does, it's when I'm nearly destitute. One time I was completely out of money and food, but when I went outside that day, there were 3 bags of groceries on my doorstep.

There are only a few things in this world that I'm 100% certain of, and my mothers love is one of them.

3 comments:

Regirlfriend said...

Knowing for sure that this is true, makes me well up here at my desk. It makes me want to be that for her.

Back to work. That'll sap the emotion right outta me.

Marianne & Clayton said...

Don't you feel bad for everyone that doesn't have her for a mom. I do.

Adam said...

Which will include your children and mine as well. At least they will have the best grandmother ever.