2009-03-01

Chain-link love signs

I cross an overpass to and from work several times a week, and many times there will be words spelled out using disposable plastic or styrofoam cups pressed into the chain-link fence. It's usually "so-and-so (heart) someone-else". One of these days I'm going to start changing the heart symbols to greater-than symbols.

Before you think I'm a heartless bastard (actually, I am), know this. These dorks rarely come back and clean up the mess. After a few days, 1/3 of the cups have fallen out and litter the sidewalk. I'm not a tree-hugger, but I really don't like my city getting all trashed-up by lazy lovesick saps. What a great way to show your devotion to someone, put up a large public sign that eventually litters our nice town.

2 comments:

Marianne & Clayton said...

I wish I had had a camera the time someone had rearranged the cups to read "Free cups". Only time I enjoyed seeing them. Otherwise, I agree with you whole-heartedly. Nothing is lamer than "WE CO E H M ELDE NE SO !"

Unknown said...

Ugh, I hate those! Bigguy, I wholeheartedly support your ">" campaign.

Mif