2009-03-24

More power!

I just put in a second PSU, slaved to my Antec NeoPower 550. My case (a CoolerMaster Stacker 810) has provisioning for a second PSU, and even provided the adapter to trigger the second PSU when the first is turned on.

I'm using one PCI-E plug from each PSU to power my GTX 260. I've been having PC lockups that are similar to what I experienced when I got my first high powered video card but didn't have the power to drive it. I will test this tonight and tomorrow to see if the issue recurs.

3 comments:

Adam said...

WoW hasn't crashed since I put in the second PSU. Seems to be resolved.

Ryan said...

Sweet! You really are a power freak, haha.

Your system rocks man.

Adam said...

Ok, power blipped last night, and the entire house went dark for a second.

My UPS couldn't handle the load for even the shortest of outages. This probably indicates that the battery is past it's prime, but I think it also indicates that the little 500VA system is about half or one third the rated capacity that I need now. Time to trade up to a 1500VA.