2005-10-29

Blizzcon pwns!!1!!!1

Blizzcon is today and tomorrow, and after a half day of hanging out with like minded gamers, I can say this: "I love being a nerd!!1!" I'm typing this from the Anaheim Hilton right next to the convention center, and I had a freaking sweet day today.

It started at 05:30 EDT in Long Island NY. At 09:00 EDT I boarded a 6 hour coach flight from JFK to Long Beach CA. I rented a 2005 convertible Mustang and drove to Anaheim. Things were looking up. But an hour later I hopped off the 405 because the trip was taking too long, and it was looking more and more like LA. The reason for that was because I got on the 405 northbound rather than southbound. So I turned around and headed back to cover sadly familiar ground. Just an FYI for anyone that cares, route 22 shares road with 405 for a few miles. This makes it easy to mistakenly exit at the wrong place, and end up on 22 in the wrong direction.
After all that, when I made it to the convention center, I was ready to call it a day. The driving reason for me to go in was the goodie bag. I wanted LOOT!!1!!!

But when I got in, I realized just how much I love Blizzard. They put on a first rate show. The demo's were great, they had top notch cosplayers dressed in seriously cool outfits. The female human mage was particularly well done (and she is hot). They showed us Starcraft Ghost, Starcraft Invasion (which we played), and the WoW expansion: The Burning Crusade, which we played as well!!1!!one!!!

Plus, I was able to meet Mike and Jerry of Penny Arcade, and later tonight a few of us Panda's are going to hang out with our leader, Scott Kurtz!!!1!!!eleven!!!!1!!

This is turning out to be the nicest thing I've done for myself in a very long time. I'm so happy that it feels like an acceptance speech is in order.

No comments: