2008-11-25

New hardware today

At least I will have something to do while the servers are coming back up. I've ordered some new PC hardware that should arrive sometime in the next few hours. I hope to have the Windows machine running again before servers come back up.

The new specs will be:
AMD Phenom quad core 9950 2.6 GHz 125w CPU (I didn't get one of the new 140 watt models, they have been out of stock for weeks now).
ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe AM2+ 790FX Motherboard
GeIL Evo One 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)

I'm still using my PNY GeForce 7800 GTX, and will probably continue to use it for at least another month before buying an nVidia 200 series. After that I'd like to get a quad-rack (or larger) LCD mount and a few more monitors, 2-3 for the main PC. The backup PC will probably stay at one monitor, but I'd like a rack large enough to mount an LCD television above the monitors. Yeah, I won't be spending a lot of time outdoors.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you find a good deal, and if so where? I need to build a new system. I've been waiting for black Friday, but I'm not sure if there are any good deals coming.

Adam said...

www.newegg.com

I know that I can sometimes find better deals elsewhere, but it's nice to have everything come in one box. That also minimizes the potential for one part to not ship in time. Few things are worse than not being able to progress because of one item.