2005-02-22

What a long day!

Sunday night was a little bit unusual, even for me. At about 8 pm I started WoW, and decided that "Bashade" is an odd name, so I deleted him (lvl 5) and started a new Night Elf Rogue named "BigGuySneaks". My Paladin is named "BigGuyKills", see the similarity? You should if you are at this Blog. I like this because it makes it easy for the guild to remember that I am an alt of BigGuyKills.

But that's not what was unusual about the night. What is odd is that I played WoW until about 1 am this morning, non-stop. I didn't stop for anything more than getting more Mt. Dew and then dealing with the results of that much Mt. Dew. By 1 am this morning I had made lvl 17 in less than 22 hours.

I know that I'm not setting any records here, but 36 hours (about 22 hours playtime) is still a long time to go without sleep. If you get to a quest or event that isn't making you focus, sleep will overtake you, and you will fall asleep at the computer waking up hours later to the "You have been disconnected from the server" message.

The server went down for about a half hour last night, so I played Null for a bit on Bloodscalp. I was shocked at how poorly I was managing him. The last time I played Null was before I had Cosmos. I wasn't making any money, I had 2 unused skill points (he was lvl 12), but he was at least rested well past the next lvl. I lvl'd up and the rest marker was about 98%. I dropped mining and took up alchemy and herbalism. But he only gets a workout when Frostwolf is down.

Back to names. After speaking with Thermo, I decided that I will do a mage in the future, and name him "BigGuySpells", or something close to that. Thermo added a female mage and named her "Thermione" after the "Hermione" character in the Harry Potter books. I thought that was rather creative.

And you know what, I really like the album "The Real Thing" by Faith No More. I just popped that in for sentimental reasons, and I was amazed at how good it is. But I'm afraid to get another of their albums, because I would surely be let down.

No comments: