2005-02-10

WoW is consuming this blog

I've been using Verigan's Fist since about lvl 22 or 23. This is the prize that you get from doing the lvl 20 Paladin quest. Here I am at lvl 35 now, and I am still using it. It's makes me think that I'm missing something in the "Auction House" (AH). I've only found one thing (a 2 handed axe) that comes even close to matching this mace (and that I can use at my lvl). Thottbot has a bunch of things that I would consider an upgrade, but I can't find them.

Last night Thermo and I made our way to Gnomeragon and started those quests. We grouped up with 3 others, and entered the instance. What we learned is that you cannot go into an instance of lvl 30 elite enemies and take on the entire dungeon at once. I'm still not sure what happened, but my guess is that while I was moving along slowly and taking on small groups at a time, one or two of our group must have seen some loot that they could not resist, and in going after it, they must have set off one of those alarm-bot's. All of a sudden a swarm of about 10 or more lvl 30 elite creatures entered the gear room hot on the trail of at least 2 of our group.

My first instinct is to stand up to them, so I targeted one and swung away. That peeled only one from the pack, and while that one dealt with me, the rest of my group was slaughtered by the remaining enemies. By the time the swarm finished off my comrades, I had my target at about 10% health, and had about 35% health myself. Well, that didn't last long. When I saw that long line of bad guys coming at me, I panicked. For a second I stood my ground, like that was gonna work. I tried to heal right away, but that didn't work as I was stunned by one of them. So I tried to cast "Divine Protection" on myself but didn't have enough time to do even that.

So I released and started the long walk back to Gnomeragon. Once in the instance, we all healed up and stared back in. At the top of the gear room we realized that we could drop into the room and save a lot of time, so we did that. I survived the fall with about 15% health, like everyone else. So we all healed up again. Before I could get ready, here comes a member of the group, who I hadn't even seen leave us, with that same f&*^%ing trail of 10 or more bad guys! I knew better than to stand up to them, so I ran right away. But we hadn't cleared out the lower level, and there was nowhere safe to run to. I burnt my "Divine Protection" and "Lay on Hands" spells in an attempt to stay alive, but that didn't work.

I tried to find out why we were chased again, but nobody from the group would fess up. After resurrecting, the group split up. Thermo and I stayed together and tried to get some help from the guild before giving up. Nobody wanted to start that quest so late in the evening, so we headed back to Ironforge (IF) to check the AH. Once there, Mavrick and Kronos offered to help us, so we grouped up and went back in.

Man those guys can pound! Kronos and Mavrick show me what I hope to be in a few weeks. What had taken our first group over an hour, took our new group only about 15 minutes. Kronos got sleepy after a while, and called it a night. The rest of us were rather close to passing out from lack of sleep, so we finished one last part of the quest and ported out to IF.

I plan on finishing my last 2 quests in Gnomeragon tonight. Hope I get a group that isn't common-sense challenged.

No comments: